Visit or write to us:Durham Justice Centre
- County Court location code:
- 65115 Durham 5
Telephone answering services will be reduced to between 10 am and 4 pm at Durham County and Family Court, due to Covid-19 issues.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
This court or tribunal is suspended
HM Courts and Tribunal Service has temporarily closed this court or tribunal
We’ll contact you to let you know if your hearing will:
- take place remotely by phone or video
- be postponed to a future date
- take place at a different court
Find out how we’re managing hearings during the outbreak.
If you have a disability and need help coming to a hearing, please contact the court or tribunal to make sure the facilities meet your specific needs or to discuss a reasonable adjustment you need.
Disabled access and disabled toilet
Assistance dogs are welcome.
The building has a portable hearing enhancement system available by prior arrangement. Please contact the court by telephone or email to let us know of your requirements.
There are five interview rooms available at this court.
Baby changing facilities are available.
Video conference and Prison video link facilities.
Cases heard at this venue
- Information about adopting a childAdoption
- Information about applying for bankruptcyBankruptcy
- Information about getting a divorceDivorce hearings
- Domestic violence
- High Court District Registry
- Information about evicting tenantsHousing possession
- Information about making a court claim for moneyMoney claims
- Information about the Social Security and Child Support TribunalSocial security