Visit or write to us:Newcastle Civil & Family Courts and Tribunals Centre
Newcastle upon Tyne
- County Court location code:
- 336901 Newcastle upon Tyne 55
From Monday 30 March we are changing the way we are working to further minimise risk to all of our staff and users.
This building will be temporarily closed for face to face hearings and will only open for staff.
We will contact you about alternative arrangements if you have a case scheduled and are working to do this as soon as possible.
If you have a disability and need help coming to a hearing, please contact the court or tribunal to make sure the facilities meet your specific needs or to discuss a reasonable adjustment you need.
There are no parking facilities available at the building. However, paid off site parking is available adjacent to the building at Sandyford Square Car Park - NE1 8PP
Public transport is available to the building - a bus station is just outside, and it is within walking distance of Haymarket Metro station.
The public entrance is accessible via a disabled access ramp. All other public floors are accessible by lifts.
Assistance dogs are welcome.
Loop Neck hearing enhancement facilities are available in all Hearing Rooms.
This building has hearing enchancement facilities that work by setting hearing aids to the 'T' setting. These are in all Hearing Rooms.
For safety and security, all users and their possessions will be searched by security when they enter this building. We have a security arch. Please alert the security officer if you have a pacemaker.
Lifts are available in the building to access all public floors. The doors are 90cm wide and have a weight limit of 630kg.
There are public toilets on all floors.
Disabled toilets are available on each floor.
Water dispensers are available to the public on all floors.
Thirty interview rooms spread out across all floors. They cannot be booked in advance and are available on a first come first serve basis.
A separate waiting room is available for those who have had to bring children with them. Children must be supervised at all times.
Court/hearing room video conferencing facilities and prison to court video link facilities are available (by prior arrangement)
Gov Wi-Fi is available throughout the building. Personal passwords are provided when one signs up to it.
Support Through Court is available on site to provide assistance.
Cases heard at this venue
- Information about adopting a childAdoption
- Information about applying for bankruptcyBankruptcy
- Information about getting a divorceDivorce hearings
- Domestic violence
- Information about the Employment TribunalEmployment
- Information about forced marriage protection ordersForced marriage and FGM
- High Court District Registry
- Information about evicting tenantsHousing possession
- Information about the Immigration and Asylum TribunalImmigration
- Information about making a court claim for moneyMoney claims
- Information about the Social Security and Child Support TribunalSocial security