Visit or write to us:Hearing Centre
160-163 Friar Street
- County Court location code:
- 98010 Reading 6
If you have a disability and need help coming to a hearing, please contact the court or tribunal to make sure the facilities meet your specific needs or to discuss a reasonable adjustment you need.
No parking facilities are available. The court is in the town centre near the train and bus stations.
This building has a ramp to the building entrance, a lift between the ground floor and the first floor, and level access in to court rooms and hearing rooms.
Assistance dogs are welcome.
The building has hearing enhancement facilities available by prior arrangement. Please contact the Court office by telephone or email if necessary.
Ten interview rooms are available at this court.
This Court has a childrens room facility.
Baby changing facilities are available in the disabled toilets on the fourth floor
Court/hearing room video conferencing facilities are available (by prior arrangement).
Virtual visits may be accommodated by prior arrangement. Client consultation is only available for hearings due to take place at Reading, during the course of the hearing.
Cases heard at this venue
- Information about adopting a childAdoption
- Information about applying for bankruptcyBankruptcy
- Information about getting a divorceDivorce hearings
- Domestic violence
- Information about forced marriage protection ordersForced marriage and FGM
- High Court District Registry
- Information about evicting tenantsHousing possession
- Information about making a court claim for moneyMoney claims