Visit or write to us:The Shire Hall
- Crown Court location code:
- County Court location code:
- 98410 Taunton 2
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the court telephone service will be available between 08:30 and 16:00hrs only. It may take longer than usual to answer telephone enquiries. Counter service is currently suspended.
From Monday 30 March we are changing the way we are working to further minimise risk to all of our staff and users.
This building will be temporarily closed for face to face hearings and will only open for staff.
We will contact you about alternative arrangements if you have a case scheduled and are working to do this as soon as possible.
If you have a disability and need help coming to a hearing, please contact the court or tribunal to make sure the facilities meet your specific needs or to discuss a reasonable adjustment you need.
There are no parking facilities at this building, however paid off-site parking is available within 500m of the Court, Crescent car park, Tangier car park, Enfield car park. There is limited parking on site for blue badge holders.
This building has level access to the building entrance, and court room.
Assistance dogs are welcome.
The building has hearing enhancement facilities available by prior arrangement. Please contact the Court office by telephone or email if necessary.
1. For safety and security, all users and their possessions will be searched by security when they enter this building. We have a security arch. Please alert the security officer if you have pacemaker.
Lifts are available in this building to access the first floor.
Available on the ground floor
Available on the ground floor and first floor.
Hot and cold drinks vending machines are available on the ground floor.
Consultation rooms are available at this court
1. This building has a public waiting area on the ground floor and a separate witness waiting area. Please ask for details.
2. This building has a public waiting area outside each court or hearing room.
Baby changing facilities are available in the disabled toilets on the ground floor
1. Court/hearing room video conferencing facilities and prison to court video link facilities are available (by prior arrangement).
Wi-Fi is available to criminal professional users only.
1. Support for witnesses is available from the Citizens Advice witness service https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/citizens-advice-witness-service/.
Cases heard at this venue
- Information about adopting a childAdoption
- Information about applying for bankruptcyBankruptcy
- Information about getting a divorceDivorce hearings
- Domestic violence
- High Court District Registry
- Information about evicting tenantsHousing possession